CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Summer Sweet Summer

We are having an amazing summer around our house. Although time is flying by as usual, it's easy to sit and think about how wonderful it has been already. No big vacations this year or activities, just the usual things and a lot of relaxing. Last week was our church festival, which DH has co-chaired with his friend for 8 years. It is a huge undertaking, and it takes time all year, everyday that week and of course the whole weekend. It requires not only DH, but our whole family works so hard with him. With great relief it is over and this was their last year to be in charge. It is time for another group to step up and take over, and for us to let that responsibilty go. Such relief that it seems to have gone well...numbers will tell in a month or so....and that we are finished with it is such a lift off our shoulders. DH has been grateful to all who help each year, and we continue to pray that others will step up with the new team. If a few members of the church and school can do what we did, just imagine what could be accomplished with everyone helping out!

School has been out since May 18th....I attended a great Smart Board conference last week, and have read a little here and there for school while watching t.v. or by the pool. Mostly I have given myself permission to NOT do any school stuff for a while. Loving teaching as much as I do it is so easy to work on school things everyday and lose hours or days in it, but instead I am making myself wait and actually step away from it a little. If I don't, summer break will be over before I know it and I won't have given myself that physical, mental and even emotional break that I really need to give myself from a job I love but takes so much from me and my family all year.

Our house is always slightly cluttered, and you can find a hairball or dust of course....but we live here and I'm actually really pleased with how together the house is this summer overall. I took the first few weeks of break and decluttered some major areas that nag at me all year, and even cleaned up most of the flower beds...major undertaking. There is always more to do, but overall it's just a comfortable lived-in look. ;) I can sit on the porch with a good book and not feel guilty, and that is priceless.

Plans for the next few weeks include a camping trip (major relaxation), a conference in Indy (taking the boys), and in July starting to work on school again. For now, I'm going to go refill my coffee and relax.

I hope anyone who actually reads my blog is enjoying summer in their own way too...and that you are finding time to do the things you love with those you love. :)

Ahhh, summer sweet summer. R.

2 comments:

Missy said...

Glad to hear you are enjoying your time off!!! ;) I'm not doing anything school related either...for another couple of weeks, that is, when we have curriculum work to do....I'm looking forward to a Smart Board training this year as well, I get a new one!!! ;) Still not ready for the year to start back up though!!!

Wolfelicious said...

Hi!! I am your newest follower!! I too love my Smartboard!

April
Wolfelicious