CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013

A new year...a fresh start...filled with so much opportunity and promise!

So excited for the new year.  Still deciding on some goals here at our house. 

One idea I have ready to go is from Pinterest (silent cheer...love P).  We have an empty, glass container in the kitchen and a stack of cute, pre-cut scrapbook paper right beside it.  The idea is to write down neat things that happen throughout the year...then on New Year's Eve 2013 we can read through them and remember so many great times. 

Here is the Pinterest pic.  I will try to add ours later.

 
 

I am also looking for a 'word' for the year.  I have picked one many times in the past.  The original idea came from Ali Edwards scrapbooking/life blog.  I have had peace, compassion, strength...and a few more.  I have also not had a word, like last year.  I find it fun and motivating to do so, and so I am thinking of my word.

SOAR has come to mind in many places lately, starting with Stephanie Howell's blog (which I love too...she is another neat person to follow).  Then I saw it on a float in the Rose Bowl parade.  I rarely watch the entire parade, but since my mother-in-law always asks I decided to watch this year and it really was cool to see and only was an hour, which suprised me.  Anyway she didn't ask this year...hahaha...figures, right?   But that is okay, because it was a nice way to start my day. :)

So, I have so many things I want to share....scrapbooking, mom-ing, teaching, etc, but I never seem to keep up with "post-ing".  Here's hoping in the New Year I do better and I grow my followers.  I so appreciate all of you with the patience of a saint who have been followers for a while. :)  Hope you all will want to come along and see how it goes.

Wishing everyone a wonderful 2013 filled with love and laughter!

Rhonda :)

2 comments:

Missy said...

Love the idea from Pintrest, saw that yesterday, I think I may try this one, too!! I have an idea for your word.....what about SHARE?? Not just on here, of course, it could take on so many different forms....I really like the having a word idea, too!! May need to try that ourselves as well!!

Nuts in a Tree said...

Would love to hear your word if you decide to join...or sometimes I just keep it to myself so would understand that too. :)

I like share as a word too...still really 'feeling' ~soar~

Will let you know when I decide.

Take care Missy!