CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 23, 2012

It's My Birthday!

I have to say I am so totally blessed. I have had such a great day...it was filled with so many wonderful moments. Woke-up to my great family and all in a good mood...even a two-arm hug from DS1 the teen. Coffee, everyone ready on time...left and arrived safely...into my classroom and my desk was filled with goodies. Oh, met at the door by an adorable little student who opened the door for me and then handed me a gift bag. So cute and so sweet!

Donut, coffee, and some of my favorites as gifts from some fantastic friends. Lunch with those same friends, and plenty of smiles and laughs as we worked through our day.

A surprise visit from my parents with their arms filled with my favorite cake: German Chocolate Cake, and flowers that I can later plant in my yard. Time to sit and chat with them while my students were in gym class. How wonderful!

A great rest of the day with literally hundreds of Happy Birthday wishes from my students and all the kids I saw at school today, texts from some great friends that I don't get to see each day and my family calling and texting such loving wishes, and the phone calls with Birthday wishes and a hilarious voicemail message with an 'original' Birthday song.

Received a beautiful vase of blue and purple flowers that are gorgeous from my DH and sons...left those at school to enjoy all week! I headed home to a glass of wine (or two ;) ), Chinese take-out, and now getting read for cards and cake/ice cream with my guys.

It just doesn't get any better than this for me...this is the perfect day. :)

If this is the start to my year, and many years to come, then I can't wait to live those days...they are going to be fabulous! :)

May your day be filled with the blessings that touch your heart each day as mine was today.

Take care!

2 comments:

Missy said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! I'm glad to hear you had such a fantastic & special day!

Nuts in a Tree said...

Thanks so much for the Birthday wishes...it's been a great "Birthday Month" too. Thanks for keeping up on my 'once in a while' blog. I'm heading over to yours right now. :)