CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Spring Break and post-it-note holders

Hello! Super happy to be on Spring Break this week. Spent time yesterday completing the Bridal shower invites I showed a week or so ago...each one ended up a little different...but they look nice I think.

Today I spent a little time working on my DS3's baby book...a little frustrated because I can't figure out the months for some of the pictures because my old camera didn't show the date...so I made it to month 4 and stopped for the day.

Before starting that project I made these super cute post-it-note holders for little gifts that I plan to give some friends when we return to school. Shhh...don't tell. ;)

The original idea is from mychicnscratch.com. I'm still new to this blog thing, since I never posted regularly in the past so it's like starting over everytime I do...lol. Anyway, I am hoping that I'm not breaking any rules, but if I'm not giving enough info on something please feel free to let me know. So, I mentioned the blog I found these at, and here is the addy: http://www.mychicnscratch.com/post-it-notes/

And here is my version:

This is the outside...

And here is the inside...

Isn't it fun...you can slip it in your purse, teaching bag, diaper bag, or spot in the car and have it when you need a quick note. These were easy and fun once I had the materials and figured out how to do it with the Cricut cartridge that I had here at home.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'll be sharing more this week since I am on SPRING BREAK! Ahhh...really need time off.

Rhonda :)

2 comments:

Missy said...

Greta little post it holder, I've never seen one done like this! Thank you for all the kind comments you left on my blog!! As for embossing---it's easy and fun! You stamp your image wiht Versamark ink (Michaels, Hobby Lobby, etc) dump some embossing powder on it, shake off the excess, then use a heat gun to set it. Robyn has some videos, some of her earlier ones (numbers 9, 10) that show how!!

Nuts in a Tree said...

Thanks Missy...I will check out Robyn's videos.

Rhonda :)